Friday, September 19, 2014

A brand new tablet girl


I am a proud owner of a brand new tablet computer. I bought the thing for a couple of weeks ago, and I must admit that I like it quite a lot! I've tried to familiarize myself with different functions and applications, and now I find myself connected with the Intenet, Facebook, Messenger, Viaplay, Netflix and Vanity Fair just to mention a few. I've also altered my newspaper subscription so that from now on, I'll be getting paper newspapers only at weekends; I'll be reading an electronic newspaper from my tablet PC from Monday to Friday. My son plays The Clash of Clans and Minecraft on the tablet, and I've downloaded for instance a princess -game for my daughter where she gets to dress princesses from head to toe. I probably don't need to tell you that the kids are also pleased with my new purchase! 

It is interesting to see how people's opinions -even your own- may change quite drastically over time. I myself am not a technology-enthusiast at all, quite far from it. If I learn how to use my phone, TV, computer or any other electric device, I definitely would not like to change it for a newer, better model. No way! Instead, I'd like to keep using my own familiar and comfy gadget for as long as it works and not change it for anything. You see, I hate the learning period and process that you inevitably have to go through with each new machine, device or appliance you buy. That's why I was very reluctant to start using tablet PCs for a long time; I didn't want to go through the trouble of learning how to use them. What changed my mind was watching people use their tablets and it seeming so easy and effortless. Finally I ventured into trying my mom's tablet myself, and came to the conclusion that it might actually be quite easy to learn to use one. So, here I am, a brand new tablet girl!

No comments: